Sunday 24 February 2013

The truth about breast feeding

Breastfeeding is one of the most natural and beautiful things you can do with your child.

My first thoughts about breast feeding, was that afterward my boobs would essentially look like empty oven mitts, but after slowly reducing breastfeeding and exercise they have returned to their pre- small 14 year old boy pre-pregnancy state. I guess it works under the same concept if you loose a tank of weight too quickly, you will have enough skin to make a few leather handbags.

Breastfeeding is the lazy girls way of night feeds. I used to just drag Harrison into my bed, latch him in, whilst laying on my side and go back to sleep leaving him feeding while I lighten the bags saving buckets of YSL Touch éclat daily!

I know all these persistent and almost bullying health visitors try and force you to breastfeed, blah blah blah-but it's really lovely and brings a closeness with you and your child. I fed until 4 months, before I switched to bottles and slowly started weaning and miss it dearly.

The truths....
So, the first week- it's terribly painful. Absolutely dreadful! Your nipples will probably crack, bleed, scab over and look like Halloween and when you feed each time, the pain makes your teeth grit and your toes curl. It's basically feels like someone is trying to cut them off with a razor blade.

I used silicon nipple shields and the disposable breast pads- both were awful. You might as well, have stuck 2 sanitary towels into your bra, scrunch them up and stuck your nipples to them with superglue. As for the breast shields- they were also pretty disgusting, like sticking a condom in your babies mouth.
I recently came across some natural products which are wondrous and natural and actually work. Not like all those crap things you buy on JML, like a hat that turns into a tshirt, but if only I had known.

Natural Norway breast shells, which are actual shells. At a glance you might think they are for people who mainly consume a diet of hemp, but they actually heal your Halloween nipples in around 2 days. I know people who have used these and they swear by them.

As for the boob sanitary towels, using Merino wool breast pads not only feels amazing, but is much more beneficial. They are pure luxury for your boobs, work so much better, and save the embarrassment of walking down the street with a big wet patch on your t-shir, where your own personal milking parlour has leaked.

If you want these things to save your life you can get them online at:-
Www.itworksmum.com







No comments:

Post a Comment