Wednesday 17 April 2013

Baby hairs after Pregnancy

Almost 7 months after birth and I still feel completely bald. Hooray!!! Boiled egg head.

After extensive research, I have learnt that normally, you should shed 70-100 strands of hair per day. During pregnancy, you retain all of these hairs which gives "a luxurious, luscious full head of hair". My hair personally stayed firmly in a scruffy bun, scraped back to prevent... 1. An even sweatier back 2. I couldn't be bothered to style it 3. I proffered to use my time choosing which cake I wanted to stuff in my face.
So, after birth (or breastfeeding if you choose to) all these retained hairs fall out, and because your head hasn't generated more hair your left with an attractive alopecia-esque hairstyle that's more Golum than Giselle.

However, not is all lost or so you might think. All those lost hairs start to grow back! Which you might think is a good thing, but in actual fact... Your left with a head full of baby hairs.
Great.

Here are some styles to help while these hairs are growing back.






Alexa Cheung: Soft pony tail with braid embracing baby hairs


Scruffy bun, a personal favourite.
Another effortless bun from Mandy Moore.

Kim Kardashian shows off her baby hairs.


THIS IS NEVER OK..... DO NOT DO THIS!!!! People will should "Laquisha" at you, even is your name is Jane.



If all else fails.... you could always put a bag over your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment